ramus
06-29 07:51 PM
Same with me... my attorney is not responding either. I guess it is done deal now.. Good luck to all who can file even if dates goes back..I think it will be 'U' for India and china..
[QUOTE=makemygc]well i courier-ed it to my attorney to be supposedly mail out by today but now that law firm is not even responding...so even if move my ass or move my other body parts ...its not going to change any darn thing....I know u must definitely be moving all the way from top to bottom...best of luck..[/QUOTE
gud luck to u too!!!!
[QUOTE=makemygc]well i courier-ed it to my attorney to be supposedly mail out by today but now that law firm is not even responding...so even if move my ass or move my other body parts ...its not going to change any darn thing....I know u must definitely be moving all the way from top to bottom...best of luck..[/QUOTE
gud luck to u too!!!!
wallpaper Wildflowers Tom Petty cover
gcForV
07-11 11:07 AM
This is not a bad idea.
If everyone think this is a good idea, then we need to do this with a little more planning than the flower campaign.
We can route the pizzas to hospitals and orphanages, shelter for the homeless etc also.
Core group, please chew on this idea!
This is a very very very bad idea.
If everyone think this is a good idea, then we need to do this with a little more planning than the flower campaign.
We can route the pizzas to hospitals and orphanages, shelter for the homeless etc also.
Core group, please chew on this idea!
This is a very very very bad idea.
waitnwatch
08-21 12:33 PM
Yes, the same law can be interpreted like this:
EB1-ROW unused visa will go to EB2-ROW
EB2-ROW unused visa will go to EB3-ROW
Same for each country.
But its not happening. What actually is happening that they are giving unused visa from EB1-ROW to EB2-ROW to EB2-I/C. WHY?
So EB3-ROW is retrogressed bcoz it doesn't get any spillover and hence it affect EB3-I.
So where is the correct interpretation? Does any body know?
Don't take me wrong here. I don't favor EB3-ROW or any particular category. I am EB3-I with PD Nov 2002.
The bottom line is that there should not exist such severe retrogression and that is what all of us should work to remove. But the law is what it is -
The law makes allotment between categories (EB1, EB2 and EB3) in Sec. 203 of the INA. Section 202 talks about country limit (note the exception clause which provides for the parallel distribution as the country limit becomes invalid if more visas are available in a category than is consumed using per country limitation).
Excerpt from Section 202 of the INA
(2) Per country levels for family-sponsored and employment-based immigrants. - Subject to 1a/ paragraphs (3), (4), and (5) the total number of immigrant visas made available to natives of any single foreign state or dependent area under subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 in any fiscal year may not exceed 7 percent (in the case of a single foreign state) or 2 percent (in the case of a dependent area) of the total number of such visas made available under such subsections in that fiscal year.
(3) Exception if additional visas available. - If because of the application of paragraph (2) with respect to one or more foreign states or dependent areas, the total number of visas available under both subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants who otherwise may be issued such a visa, paragraph (2) shall not apply to visas made available to such states or areas during the remainder of such calendar quarter.
EB1-ROW unused visa will go to EB2-ROW
EB2-ROW unused visa will go to EB3-ROW
Same for each country.
But its not happening. What actually is happening that they are giving unused visa from EB1-ROW to EB2-ROW to EB2-I/C. WHY?
So EB3-ROW is retrogressed bcoz it doesn't get any spillover and hence it affect EB3-I.
So where is the correct interpretation? Does any body know?
Don't take me wrong here. I don't favor EB3-ROW or any particular category. I am EB3-I with PD Nov 2002.
The bottom line is that there should not exist such severe retrogression and that is what all of us should work to remove. But the law is what it is -
The law makes allotment between categories (EB1, EB2 and EB3) in Sec. 203 of the INA. Section 202 talks about country limit (note the exception clause which provides for the parallel distribution as the country limit becomes invalid if more visas are available in a category than is consumed using per country limitation).
Excerpt from Section 202 of the INA
(2) Per country levels for family-sponsored and employment-based immigrants. - Subject to 1a/ paragraphs (3), (4), and (5) the total number of immigrant visas made available to natives of any single foreign state or dependent area under subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 in any fiscal year may not exceed 7 percent (in the case of a single foreign state) or 2 percent (in the case of a dependent area) of the total number of such visas made available under such subsections in that fiscal year.
(3) Exception if additional visas available. - If because of the application of paragraph (2) with respect to one or more foreign states or dependent areas, the total number of visas available under both subsections (a) and (b) of section 203 for a calendar quarter exceeds the number of qualified immigrants who otherwise may be issued such a visa, paragraph (2) shall not apply to visas made available to such states or areas during the remainder of such calendar quarter.
2011 Free Fallin#39; by Tom Petty
kanakabyraju
08-20 11:12 AM
Here is the link
Vonage - Residential Calling Plans - Premium Unlimited Plan (http://www.vonage.com/residential_calling_plans/vonage_world/?refer_id=WEBHB090201001W1)
Vonage - Residential Calling Plans - Premium Unlimited Plan (http://www.vonage.com/residential_calling_plans/vonage_world/?refer_id=WEBHB090201001W1)
more...
indiangcseeker
08-21 04:35 PM
One can also sign-up for Annual Pre-Pay with Vonage which will cost $20 per month for the same World Plan. Vonage - Support - Annual Pre-Pay (http://www.vonage.com/support.php?keyword=AnnualPrePay)
Just pay $240 upfornt. I did the same. Now all the features of Vonage World for $20. :)
Just pay $240 upfornt. I did the same. Now all the features of Vonage World for $20. :)
JImmigrant
09-20 12:16 PM
We had soft LUD's on Sep 4th on all I-485 applications in my family and on the (July 2007) EAD for my spouse. My PD is Feb 2007.
more...
Googler
08-06 04:07 AM
All of this info and more is available in the documents listed in this thread:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11087
All you have to do is read them.:)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11087
All you have to do is read them.:)
2010 tom petty free falling album
puddonhead
10-24 08:42 AM
just when I thought I came up with an innovate idea to get more funds to help us, I see you already thought about this before I did.
I'm planning on sining up for vonage. Please send me an IM and I'll respond back.
Because both of us are saving $50 each, I expect you will donate at least $25, and I'll will donate $25 for my part.
Thanks for supporting IV.
Sent you a PM...
I'm planning on sining up for vonage. Please send me an IM and I'll respond back.
Because both of us are saving $50 each, I expect you will donate at least $25, and I'll will donate $25 for my part.
Thanks for supporting IV.
Sent you a PM...
more...
rajuram
01-10 01:12 AM
I do not want to spoil the fun and do truely appreciate the efforts by the IV team. But after sitting in the GC queue for 7 years, all my hopes nearly dead. Campaigns come and go but nothing ever happens.
hair tom petty free falling album
desi3933
06-16 03:18 PM
Desi, that is a question to OP who is shouting that for sure l1 violation happened. Why are touching your nose? :p
But you have put your post in the forum and in this thread. You didn't send him PM.
It seems, you have no answers to my questions in mentioned in the post. That's why you have chosen personal attack.
Have a good day!
But you have put your post in the forum and in this thread. You didn't send him PM.
It seems, you have no answers to my questions in mentioned in the post. That's why you have chosen personal attack.
Have a good day!
more...
FinalGC
08-18 09:32 AM
Congrads!
So when children reach 14 years of age they have to do fingerprinting?
I think it is around 13 or 14...if they are under that, USCIS only takes a thumb print
So when children reach 14 years of age they have to do fingerprinting?
I think it is around 13 or 14...if they are under that, USCIS only takes a thumb print
hot pictures cover of Tom Petty#39
ankur6ue
07-11 10:14 AM
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/washbizblog/?hpid=news-col-blogs
I also think organizing a protest/rally in DC is an excellent idea. I live in the area and will be sure to join.
I also think organizing a protest/rally in DC is an excellent idea. I live in the area and will be sure to join.
more...
house Free Fallin#39; Cover Cover Art
BharatPremi
03-27 12:37 PM
I do understand that without evidence you can't fight the conventional way or file a law suit. It would be difficult, if not impossible. I am not debating that. I never said it would be easy. Even with evidence (in case of Capital One), one can argue if thats a good enough base for fighting and whether it will do any good if the case is won. Thats not the point.
What would you do if a recruiter or employer told you (verbal or writing) that it is their policy not to hire Indians? (I am just using India as an example).
Regardless of written evidence, I would be inclined to do something about it. I am not saying that I will file a law suit. I would probably not even want to work for such an employer. But I will not be speculating that oh, there must be some loophole that allows employers to have such a policy; because many of them are saying that, it must be legal. I will not assume that they can do this under "Hire and fire" authority. We just seem to have a little difference in opinion about that. We agree on pretty much everything else. Thats all. And frankly, its good to have an opposing perspective on things.
Now, if I hear from experts that my understanding of the discrimination laws is incorrect and that it is legal for an employer to say that they will not hire somebody with EAD, I'll just shut up. Until then, I will encourage people not to be quiet and to call the hotline, file a complaint, call the media, and pursue whatever means we have at our disposal to fight what we consider injustice and fight what we believe is discrimination as per the law.
Now, I am with you:)
What would you do if a recruiter or employer told you (verbal or writing) that it is their policy not to hire Indians? (I am just using India as an example).
Regardless of written evidence, I would be inclined to do something about it. I am not saying that I will file a law suit. I would probably not even want to work for such an employer. But I will not be speculating that oh, there must be some loophole that allows employers to have such a policy; because many of them are saying that, it must be legal. I will not assume that they can do this under "Hire and fire" authority. We just seem to have a little difference in opinion about that. We agree on pretty much everything else. Thats all. And frankly, its good to have an opposing perspective on things.
Now, if I hear from experts that my understanding of the discrimination laws is incorrect and that it is legal for an employer to say that they will not hire somebody with EAD, I'll just shut up. Until then, I will encourage people not to be quiet and to call the hotline, file a complaint, call the media, and pursue whatever means we have at our disposal to fight what we consider injustice and fight what we believe is discrimination as per the law.
Now, I am with you:)
tattoo single album art tom petty
mallu
10-01 12:41 PM
http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/article/2007/09/27/green-card-recall-proposed-could-affect-two-million-permanent-residents.html
more...
pictures album cover tom petty free
l1fraud
06-13 05:22 PM
I think you are doing the right thing here. My question .. what are the typical signs you need to watch out for to determine L1 violations are happening? How do you collect information / evidence that ICE or USCIS could find helpful and act upon?
'Symptoms' of this violation are
1. If your outsourcing partner (TCS, CTS, IBM etc) brings in a lot of resources and places them in client managed and executed projects and all these resources are supervised by client managers then there is a violation (pretty sure that more than half of the resources from these companies would be in L-1B, please refer the statistics published in this discussion).
2. If these resources are used for any common technical skills (Java/.Net/Oracle etc) in their projects, then you can expect a violation because all L-1B petitions are approved by uscis/consulate for speciality skills/tools. If you verify most of these petitions they would be approved for some XYZ internal tool specific to these companies (couple of L-1B brothers where generous enough to share these information). If these resources are used for any other skills/tools then there is a violation. In case of Blanket L1 petitions its pretty easy because there is no blanket petition approvals for any common technical skills.
Hope its clear to you now, please try to educate your client management first and try to avoid such a scenario, most of the times these outsourcing vendors won't budge to open up these petitions and then you have to report these cases to the corresponding authorities. One way we are doing good to L-1B resources, they can ask their organisations to process H-1Bs using this oppurtunity and come out of the bonded labour.
'Symptoms' of this violation are
1. If your outsourcing partner (TCS, CTS, IBM etc) brings in a lot of resources and places them in client managed and executed projects and all these resources are supervised by client managers then there is a violation (pretty sure that more than half of the resources from these companies would be in L-1B, please refer the statistics published in this discussion).
2. If these resources are used for any common technical skills (Java/.Net/Oracle etc) in their projects, then you can expect a violation because all L-1B petitions are approved by uscis/consulate for speciality skills/tools. If you verify most of these petitions they would be approved for some XYZ internal tool specific to these companies (couple of L-1B brothers where generous enough to share these information). If these resources are used for any other skills/tools then there is a violation. In case of Blanket L1 petitions its pretty easy because there is no blanket petition approvals for any common technical skills.
Hope its clear to you now, please try to educate your client management first and try to avoid such a scenario, most of the times these outsourcing vendors won't budge to open up these petitions and then you have to report these cases to the corresponding authorities. One way we are doing good to L-1B resources, they can ask their organisations to process H-1Bs using this oppurtunity and come out of the bonded labour.
dresses album art tom petty free
InTheMoment
05-26 07:19 PM
First of all when it is visa information it is just that!
Please see answers below
Hi Friends,
I am in the process of filling I-485 form and got the following question, can you please help?
My stamped visa expired 1 year back and I am currently with H1B approval notice. In the 2nd page of I-485 form, under Part 3. Processing Information, I am wondering what I need to fill for the following columns.
1. Nonimmigrant visa number: Is this the EAC number of my current I797 or the visa number from my expired visa?. If it is from the expired visa, there are multiple numbers in the visa stamp, which one is the visa number?
------> The figures in red, not the control number on your
visa stamp.
2.Consulate where visa was issued: Is it the name of the consulate issued my last visa or Department?
------> If it was issued at a consulate state that, if
department mention department.
3.Date visa isssued: Is this is the date of last visa issued or the approval date of my current I797
-----> Again the one on your visa stamp.
Thanks advance for all your valuable suggestions.
Please see answers below
Hi Friends,
I am in the process of filling I-485 form and got the following question, can you please help?
My stamped visa expired 1 year back and I am currently with H1B approval notice. In the 2nd page of I-485 form, under Part 3. Processing Information, I am wondering what I need to fill for the following columns.
1. Nonimmigrant visa number: Is this the EAC number of my current I797 or the visa number from my expired visa?. If it is from the expired visa, there are multiple numbers in the visa stamp, which one is the visa number?
------> The figures in red, not the control number on your
visa stamp.
2.Consulate where visa was issued: Is it the name of the consulate issued my last visa or Department?
------> If it was issued at a consulate state that, if
department mention department.
3.Date visa isssued: Is this is the date of last visa issued or the approval date of my current I797
-----> Again the one on your visa stamp.
Thanks advance for all your valuable suggestions.
more...
makeup album art tom petty free
kushaljn
01-17 04:37 PM
It was Mumbai.
Can you add which consulate (Mumbai/Delhi/Chennai) you interviewed?
Can you add which consulate (Mumbai/Delhi/Chennai) you interviewed?
girlfriend Their cover of Tom Petty#39;s
glus
07-11 07:13 AM
Posted by the Journal News
Visa mix-up brings flood of flowers in protest
By LEAH RAE
Hundreds of legal immigrants are resorting to a new tactic this week in their pursuit of green cards: sending flowers to the head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
The publicity stunt follows lobbying efforts and lawsuits protesting a sudden change in the rules that govern employer-sponsored immigrants. After rushing to submit green-card applications by July 2, the immigrants were told at the last minute to keep waiting.
Notes being delivered to Emilio Gonzalez, head of USCIS, along with the bouquets skip over the pleasantries and speak directly to the bureaucracy.
"Kindly do not return our I-485 petitions in July," the messages say, "and honor the original DOS visa bulletin."
The dispute concerns a U.S. Department of State bulletin from mid-June, dictating who could apply for an immigrant visa. The application is the final hurdle in getting a green card, or permanent residency. Because of a backlog, immigrants spend years waiting their turn, but the unusual June bulletin gave most job-based immigrants the go-ahead to apply.
Jakub Gorecki, who lives in Spring Valley, hurried to get his paperwork together in time. The thick packet of documents - medical exams, vaccination records, a birth certificate from Poland, a $325 application fee - was to arrive July 2 at USCIS, he said.
But that morning, a new bulletin came out, canceling the offer. No applications would be accepted until the new fiscal year in October.
The reversal sent Gorecki and others back to a limbo state.
Continued at..
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/NEWS02/707110350/1026/NEWS10
This is about me. I was photographed yesterday!!
Visa mix-up brings flood of flowers in protest
By LEAH RAE
Hundreds of legal immigrants are resorting to a new tactic this week in their pursuit of green cards: sending flowers to the head of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
The publicity stunt follows lobbying efforts and lawsuits protesting a sudden change in the rules that govern employer-sponsored immigrants. After rushing to submit green-card applications by July 2, the immigrants were told at the last minute to keep waiting.
Notes being delivered to Emilio Gonzalez, head of USCIS, along with the bouquets skip over the pleasantries and speak directly to the bureaucracy.
"Kindly do not return our I-485 petitions in July," the messages say, "and honor the original DOS visa bulletin."
The dispute concerns a U.S. Department of State bulletin from mid-June, dictating who could apply for an immigrant visa. The application is the final hurdle in getting a green card, or permanent residency. Because of a backlog, immigrants spend years waiting their turn, but the unusual June bulletin gave most job-based immigrants the go-ahead to apply.
Jakub Gorecki, who lives in Spring Valley, hurried to get his paperwork together in time. The thick packet of documents - medical exams, vaccination records, a birth certificate from Poland, a $325 application fee - was to arrive July 2 at USCIS, he said.
But that morning, a new bulletin came out, canceling the offer. No applications would be accepted until the new fiscal year in October.
The reversal sent Gorecki and others back to a limbo state.
Continued at..
http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070711/NEWS02/707110350/1026/NEWS10
This is about me. I was photographed yesterday!!
hairstyles petty free falling album
funny
09-09 04:49 PM
Just finished calling 10 congressman's office. Will continue until the list is finished.
^^^ Don't let this thread slip down^^
^^^ Don't let this thread slip down^^
IN2US
07-09 07:06 PM
I would donate blood if there was any left after my blood sucker employer sucked me dry!:D
:D :D :D :D :D :D dude this is the BEST!
:D :D :D :D :D :D dude this is the BEST!
waitnwatch
08-21 12:11 PM
The law unambiguously states that for employment based categories - EB1 spillover should first go to EB2 and whatever is not required by both EB1 and EB2 will spillover to EB3. If the USCIS has been doing something different previously they were actually not following the letter of the law.
Here are the relevant sections of the INA which unambiguosly states the above.
Here is what Section 203 of the Immigration and Nationality Act states -
EB1 -
(1) Priority workers. - Visas shall first be made available in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraphs (4) and (5),...............
EB2 -
(2) Aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability. -
(A) In general. - Visas shall be made available, in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraph (1) ...............
EB3 -
(3) Skilled workers, professionals, and other workers.-
(A) In general. - Visas shall be made available, in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraphs (1) and (2), .........
Here are the relevant sections of the INA which unambiguosly states the above.
Here is what Section 203 of the Immigration and Nationality Act states -
EB1 -
(1) Priority workers. - Visas shall first be made available in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraphs (4) and (5),...............
EB2 -
(2) Aliens who are members of the professions holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability. -
(A) In general. - Visas shall be made available, in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraph (1) ...............
EB3 -
(3) Skilled workers, professionals, and other workers.-
(A) In general. - Visas shall be made available, in a number not to exceed 28.6 percent of such worldwide level, plus any visas not required for the classes specified in paragraphs (1) and (2), .........


No comments:
Post a Comment