veni001
11-08 04:54 PM
I am in a similar situation where I am going to start my EB2 , however the internal job requirements for my position demand more than what the EB2 requirements are. They are as following:
Bachelors plus 6-8 yrs experience
or alternatively
Masters plus 4-6 yrs experience.
I do have Masters and my overall experience is 5.5 yrs but out of that 4.5 yrs were with the current employer so those won't be counted. How will I become eligible for EB2? Will the lawyer downgrade the requirement to Masters + 1 yr experience or will he keep requirement to say Masters + 4yr ? I guess I'm confused how this will work. :o
How many similar positions are in the company? is this the current position you are in, if yes you can not use experience with your employer even in future for this position.
In either case your best bet would be a different EB2 qualified position with same employer or New employer.:o
Bachelors plus 6-8 yrs experience
or alternatively
Masters plus 4-6 yrs experience.
I do have Masters and my overall experience is 5.5 yrs but out of that 4.5 yrs were with the current employer so those won't be counted. How will I become eligible for EB2? Will the lawyer downgrade the requirement to Masters + 1 yr experience or will he keep requirement to say Masters + 4yr ? I guess I'm confused how this will work. :o
How many similar positions are in the company? is this the current position you are in, if yes you can not use experience with your employer even in future for this position.
In either case your best bet would be a different EB2 qualified position with same employer or New employer.:o
wallpaper Tech Support Motto T-Shirt
vasired
08-10 03:47 PM
u can read it on http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/ or for complete press release
http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1186757867585.shtm
http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1186757867585.shtm
CCC2006
09-26 01:21 PM
Hi All,
My visa will expire (6 yrs completion) in the month of October 2007. What can I do next. Will I get an years extension based on the Green card filing. What is the standard procedure ?
CCC2006
My visa will expire (6 yrs completion) in the month of October 2007. What can I do next. Will I get an years extension based on the Green card filing. What is the standard procedure ?
CCC2006
2011 52 Flicks - Logo T-Shirt
fromnaija
12-03 04:09 PM
With due respect to Prashanthi, I don't think the OP aged out of his I-485. Since his parent submitted their and his I-485 in 2007 (that is before he turned 21), his application is protected under CSPA. In fact with respect to EB, once the I-485 is submitted and then the PD retrogresses, the child's age is locked in and the application will be approved whenever the PD becomes current again.
See page 3 of this document:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/CSPA2_pub.pdf
Visa Availability Date Regression
If a visa availability date regresses, and an alien has already filed a Form I-485 based on an approved Form I-130 or Form I-140, the Service should retain the Form I-485 and note the visa availability date at the time the Form I-485 was filed. Once the visa number again becomes available for that preference category, determine whether the beneficiary is a “child” using the visa availability date marked on the Form I-485. If, however, an alien has not filed a Form I-485 prior to the visa availability date regressing, and then files a Form I-485 when the visa availability date again becomes current, the alien’s “age” should be determined using the subsequent visa availability date.
It's risky for the OP to go out of the US while his application is pending. However, it can be done if he has advance parole. He will have to return each year to renew his AP. If this is a risk you are willing to take, you could go but be aware of this.
See page 3 of this document:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/CSPA2_pub.pdf
Visa Availability Date Regression
If a visa availability date regresses, and an alien has already filed a Form I-485 based on an approved Form I-130 or Form I-140, the Service should retain the Form I-485 and note the visa availability date at the time the Form I-485 was filed. Once the visa number again becomes available for that preference category, determine whether the beneficiary is a “child” using the visa availability date marked on the Form I-485. If, however, an alien has not filed a Form I-485 prior to the visa availability date regressing, and then files a Form I-485 when the visa availability date again becomes current, the alien’s “age” should be determined using the subsequent visa availability date.
It's risky for the OP to go out of the US while his application is pending. However, it can be done if he has advance parole. He will have to return each year to renew his AP. If this is a risk you are willing to take, you could go but be aware of this.
more...
gcbeku
08-10 01:13 PM
Gurus,
A very close friend of mine has filed EB3-I 485 with Sep 2003 PD. The job, at present, requires EB2 level qualifications, however, the employer is not too keen on sponsoring a change to EB2.
So, what options do we have ?
a) when is EB3-I Sep 2003 PD likely to be come current? 12m? 18m from now?
b) can AC21 approach be used to port this to a EB2 category ?
c) can his spouse separately file for EB2-I PERM, I140 and file for 485?
(I am assuming that EB2-I will be current approximately around this time next year).
Thanks.
A very close friend of mine has filed EB3-I 485 with Sep 2003 PD. The job, at present, requires EB2 level qualifications, however, the employer is not too keen on sponsoring a change to EB2.
So, what options do we have ?
a) when is EB3-I Sep 2003 PD likely to be come current? 12m? 18m from now?
b) can AC21 approach be used to port this to a EB2 category ?
c) can his spouse separately file for EB2-I PERM, I140 and file for 485?
(I am assuming that EB2-I will be current approximately around this time next year).
Thanks.
June05
08-06 11:59 AM
The only LUD was on my 140, which is on 7/13 - There was no LUD on any other applications H1, EAD, AP - One LUD today after the status change. Hope this helps.
I am not talking about LUD's.
When you check your status online - it says - YOUR CASES WAS RECEIVED BY USCIS ON XXX DATE. That is the date I was trying to find out.
I am not talking about LUD's.
When you check your status online - it says - YOUR CASES WAS RECEIVED BY USCIS ON XXX DATE. That is the date I was trying to find out.
more...
paskal
07-20 08:33 PM
a link that says 485 filing needs tax returns.
please see the official instructions with the 485 form and note what is actually asked for- it's not much- and no W2 or tax returns are mentioned.
please see the official instructions with the 485 form and note what is actually asked for- it's not much- and no W2 or tax returns are mentioned.
2010 Standard T-Shirt
vinzak
03-20 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
Our Immigration status is EAD and my wife is pregnant,
We are very happy with the news..
There is lot of possibility for us to be in India during due date, based on few important events in family.
We would like to know.. if baby is born in India then what possibilities are there for us to bring baby along with us?
(if mother stays in India for couple of more months)
can baby also get Green Card when we (parents) are allotted green card?
All your advices are always appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Satya.
Note: Admins if required, please close this thread and redirect to any existing ones, as i could not find one I have posted a new thread.
Firstly, Congratulations!!
If you have the baby in India, the baby cannot come to the US till your PD becomes current. Till then you cannot add any dependents to yr 485. Given that yr priority date is EB3 2007, that might be a long long time. It's a huge risk to take.
The other alternative is for you to switch back to H1, so you can get the baby here on h4. I'm not sure what that will do to yr 485 though.
Our Immigration status is EAD and my wife is pregnant,
We are very happy with the news..
There is lot of possibility for us to be in India during due date, based on few important events in family.
We would like to know.. if baby is born in India then what possibilities are there for us to bring baby along with us?
(if mother stays in India for couple of more months)
can baby also get Green Card when we (parents) are allotted green card?
All your advices are always appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Satya.
Note: Admins if required, please close this thread and redirect to any existing ones, as i could not find one I have posted a new thread.
Firstly, Congratulations!!
If you have the baby in India, the baby cannot come to the US till your PD becomes current. Till then you cannot add any dependents to yr 485. Given that yr priority date is EB3 2007, that might be a long long time. It's a huge risk to take.
The other alternative is for you to switch back to H1, so you can get the baby here on h4. I'm not sure what that will do to yr 485 though.
more...
leo_loco
10-14 11:24 AM
All:
My parents are going to visit USA first time. Does anyone of you suggest Medical Insurance information ? I am not sure which company I should choose for visitor Medical Insurance.
My parents are going to visit USA first time. Does anyone of you suggest Medical Insurance information ? I am not sure which company I should choose for visitor Medical Insurance.
hair T-shirt Umbro Plain Polo -
[[C|-|E]]
April 17th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Thank you!
Don't wait for the macro lens, these shots are taken with a 100-400 at 400mm!
-Anders
I only own a Tamron 28-200 XR at the moment :), mounted in my 300D :) . But maybe is possible to create big bubbles using bath gel... I should try :D .
Don't wait for the macro lens, these shots are taken with a 100-400 at 400mm!
-Anders
I only own a Tamron 28-200 XR at the moment :), mounted in my 300D :) . But maybe is possible to create big bubbles using bath gel... I should try :D .
more...
crystal
10-18 10:56 AM
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=44
C. Personal Check in Mail:
You can send us a physical check. Most banks now provide a feature called BillPay by which you can send a check to anyone directly from your Bank's website free of cost. If you would like confirmation that your check has been received, please write your email id in the memo section of the check. Make the checks payable to Immigration Voice and send it to the following address.
Immigration Voice
PO Box 114
Dayton, NJ - 08810
C. Personal Check in Mail:
You can send us a physical check. Most banks now provide a feature called BillPay by which you can send a check to anyone directly from your Bank's website free of cost. If you would like confirmation that your check has been received, please write your email id in the memo section of the check. Make the checks payable to Immigration Voice and send it to the following address.
Immigration Voice
PO Box 114
Dayton, NJ - 08810
hot Plain amp; Simple - T-Shirt
GoneSouth
07-11 11:14 AM
Congratulations!! Why didn't you do Concurrent filing in June?
I didn't have my I-485 documents compiled and ready for submission in June, so I just went and filed I-140 since that was ready. I figured I-140 would be approved by the time I had I-485 docs ready, and the July visa bulletin issued June 13th showed my PD current through July, so I wasn't worried.
Boy did I (and quite a few other people) get a nasty surprise on July 2!
I didn't have my I-485 documents compiled and ready for submission in June, so I just went and filed I-140 since that was ready. I figured I-140 would be approved by the time I had I-485 docs ready, and the July visa bulletin issued June 13th showed my PD current through July, so I wasn't worried.
Boy did I (and quite a few other people) get a nasty surprise on July 2!
more...
house Of The Loom Plain T-Shirt.
Rajwaitingon140
12-18 12:21 AM
Buddy
When I took VISA and entered into Mexico and asked Mexican Immigration Officer please stamp my passport as I entered in Mexico, but he said if you are in Mexico for less than 72 hours then you don't need to take VISA or special permission if your stay is going to more than 72 hours then you need to take visiting VISA...I took it because I was going with my entire family...but I knew my collegues went to Mexico for stamping..without taking any Mexico VISA..hope this helps..if you need any additional info please let me know.
Thanks
Raj
I am planning to visit Mexico (not for H1 stamping - plan to use AP), I had called up their consulate in Philly and was told that they are not issuing visas at that location until Jan first week. The person I spoke to suggested that I go to the consulate in New York. I tried calling the consulate in NY, however, I could not get to speak with anyone there. They had an automated message that lists the things required for the stamping, the visa fee ($36), etc.,
However, no info if I have to schedule an appointment, how long they require to process the application.
Does anyone here have an experience with the Mexican tourist visa stamping?
Thanks in advance.
When I took VISA and entered into Mexico and asked Mexican Immigration Officer please stamp my passport as I entered in Mexico, but he said if you are in Mexico for less than 72 hours then you don't need to take VISA or special permission if your stay is going to more than 72 hours then you need to take visiting VISA...I took it because I was going with my entire family...but I knew my collegues went to Mexico for stamping..without taking any Mexico VISA..hope this helps..if you need any additional info please let me know.
Thanks
Raj
I am planning to visit Mexico (not for H1 stamping - plan to use AP), I had called up their consulate in Philly and was told that they are not issuing visas at that location until Jan first week. The person I spoke to suggested that I go to the consulate in New York. I tried calling the consulate in NY, however, I could not get to speak with anyone there. They had an automated message that lists the things required for the stamping, the visa fee ($36), etc.,
However, no info if I have to schedule an appointment, how long they require to process the application.
Does anyone here have an experience with the Mexican tourist visa stamping?
Thanks in advance.
tattoo SOL T Shirt - Notoriously Deep
sundar99
05-01 01:39 PM
Does - Emergency Appoinment include - people already working in US ? are you sure ?
more...
pictures Cardinal-Red-Plain-T-shirt
LONGGCQUE
04-15 08:02 AM
Join the campaign on I485 filing thread .... there could be 1000's of who are impacted ...
dresses by plain_blank_t_shirts
gc_chahiye
11-27 04:12 PM
Hello GC_Chaiye,
Thanks for your reply. The consulting firm is saying that they have sent it to DOL before July 15 and are waiting for the reply for the Substitution( I really doubt the legality of that statement). In case if there is a provision then How can we check the status of it?
MY friend has to bear the expenditure for the I140. He just came back to US after 5 months and would like to know weather he can spend 1500$ on this unrealistic Labor.
thank you
I dont think you can check LC status on your own by just calling up DOL, the petitioner (the employer) or their representative can. See if they'll atleast give you a case number that you can try your luck with.
Atleast with PERM you typically need to sign the LC and send it alongwith the I-140 application. Ask for a copy of the approved LC. Also, ask if they are ok with you using your own attorney for this (its worth the expense).
Thanks for your reply. The consulting firm is saying that they have sent it to DOL before July 15 and are waiting for the reply for the Substitution( I really doubt the legality of that statement). In case if there is a provision then How can we check the status of it?
MY friend has to bear the expenditure for the I140. He just came back to US after 5 months and would like to know weather he can spend 1500$ on this unrealistic Labor.
thank you
I dont think you can check LC status on your own by just calling up DOL, the petitioner (the employer) or their representative can. See if they'll atleast give you a case number that you can try your luck with.
Atleast with PERM you typically need to sign the LC and send it alongwith the I-140 application. Ask for a copy of the approved LC. Also, ask if they are ok with you using your own attorney for this (its worth the expense).
more...
makeup Plain Jersey Polo T-Shirt
Waitingnvain
07-31 09:04 PM
H visa by nature is dual intent. One does not lose it after getting EAD.
girlfriend black plain t shirt by
chanduv23
11-06 06:36 AM
Though this may be off topic, it is related to travel and NIV.
I booked tickets for my inlaws travelling on a tourist visa in Jet Airways - Chennai to JFK with layover in Brussels.
Now, when I ask people everyone say they travel by Lufthansa, Air India, Emirates etc... but I have not found anyone who has travelled by Jet Airways.
Just wanted to know if anyone has travelled via Jet Airways and their experience at the Brussels Airport, if it was smooth. My Inlaws do not speak English and this is the first time they are travelling.
Thanks
I booked tickets for my inlaws travelling on a tourist visa in Jet Airways - Chennai to JFK with layover in Brussels.
Now, when I ask people everyone say they travel by Lufthansa, Air India, Emirates etc... but I have not found anyone who has travelled by Jet Airways.
Just wanted to know if anyone has travelled via Jet Airways and their experience at the Brussels Airport, if it was smooth. My Inlaws do not speak English and this is the first time they are travelling.
Thanks
hairstyles This doesn#39;t look like an
ps3539
03-22 01:59 AM
Do not think about your events.
Think about baby's life. Make him/ her a US Citizen.
That's a good gift you can give.
Think about baby's life. Make him/ her a US Citizen.
That's a good gift you can give.
xu1
08-08 09:58 PM
I guess he is trying to lift the sunken spirits of the IV members. But I feel that if SKIL goes through, we will be fine. It all depends on SKIL
Yep.. Cheer up however we can.
note to myself: obessesion with anything is no good. Don't check back at this site ten times every hour.
Yep.. Cheer up however we can.
note to myself: obessesion with anything is no good. Don't check back at this site ten times every hour.
VDaminator
06-14 10:05 PM
Not bad _azzy_ you make that gun in a rendering program?


No comments:
Post a Comment